By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: Can I move the start and end points?  (Read 608 times)

Fififeuilla

• View Profile
Can I move the start and end points?
« on: April 03, 2016, 11:32:32 pm »
Hi, I saved a route but for some reason the counter did not pick up the first part of the track (hence creating a start point 1/4 of the way into the trail).
I managed to autofill in the missing part of the route, and the end point magically moved to the start point! But now I need to move the start point + end point back to where I started the trail in reality (not where the counter started counting). Is there an easy way to do this? If not, I guess I will have to do the walk again - but in that case how can I ensure recording has really started?
Thanks very much for your help. I'm struggling a bit, but basically love the app!
Philippa

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can I move the start and end points?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:21:37 am »
Hello.

When you encounter such a problem, the best way to solve the problem is to invert the trail, to draw the missing part to the starting point of the trail and then to invert the trail again.

Before starting to walk, it is better to check that the GPS has found a valid location on the map (the counter starts counting only when it has found a valid location).

Thank you.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.