By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: Route plan  (Read 732 times)

Mweelrea

• View Profile
Route plan
« on: February 26, 2016, 10:34:40 pm »
I attach my own web site link which I use to convert Gpx files to a viable route plan for my own use, using ANY Gpx file, with sensible limits.

It accesses Google Elevation if that is unavailable and NOAA data for magnetic variation  and  human walk rates built on years of experience with a club walking factor.

It clearly deals with Garmin files which don't have elevation information by adding that info ..so please try that and  it automatically adds that info to produce a pdf formatted downloadable Route plan for me.

Try it by loading a Gpx file, or you are free to and evaluate it, try with any < 40 waypoint route!

http://gpxelements.azurewebsites.net/

May be interesting

Walter
Mweelrea (Walter)

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
Re: Route plan
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 08:23:51 pm »
Hi - if you're still there. I love the idea, but using a trail of about 50km generated by SityTrail NL, I got a file around 800kb. So your app wouldn't work for me unless you can up it by an order of magnitude! Are you still working on it?

Mweelrea

• View Profile
Re: Route plan
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:47:29 pm »
I haven't changed it recently and it's for a specific purpose and could be extended easily enough.
I can't say when, but send me a typical trail and t will give me something to think about, if you want.

Mweelrea
Mweelrea (Walter)