By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: Why is the time of my trail different on the editor and the printout?  (Read 1211 times)

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
Given the number of users you have, I have no idea why I'm almost the only person asking questions in English, but here comes another one:

I just uploaded a little trail and clicked 'Compute' to update the statistics. This gave a time of 121 minutes. I then printed out the same trail and got a time of 2h24mins, which is 144 minutes (isn't it?). The second time was correct, as far as I can see. To confirm, I downloaded the .gpx file, and the first recorded time is

2014-10-19T11:49:58

and the last is

2014-10-19T14:13:58

Which makes the time difference 2h24I believe. Accordingly I was able to update the computed statistics by hand; but since the data was there, why was the computation wrong?

TIA

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the time of my trail different on the editor and the printout?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 09:02:39 am »
Hello.

When you click on "Compute" to update the statistics, it computes an estimated time based on the activity type, the length of the trail and the denivellation.

This estimated time overrides the real time from the trail record if you save the trail.

It is mainly useful for trails which have an unknown time (trails which have not been recorded with the mobile application).

The printed version of the trail shows the time which is really saved for the trail :
- the real time from the trail record if you have not changed it and saved the trail
- the time you have entered (or auto-calculated) in SityEditor if you have saved the change.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.