By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: How do I save a trail?  (Read 1138 times)

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
How do I save a trail?
« on: August 25, 2014, 09:49:00 am »
I normally edit trails I've captured on my GPS device, but today I decided to create a trail from scratch using the web editor. Things started OK, but when I wanted to save the trail, I got a message saying that the trail name 'nouveau trail French/Francais is not a valid name', or something like that. I had named the trail in the field provided, and I couldn't see any other way of naming the trail so as to save it. How is this done, and why doesn't the name in the field apply? It's very frustrating after having worked hard on the composition of a trail.

I will look for some documentation of the editor, but I have to say this is not very intuitive, is it?

TIA

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
Re: How do I save a trail?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 02:56:24 pm »
After posting this, I noticed the dialogue with vederle in this forum. The instructions as stated didn't work for me, but after a lot of tinkering (I think I had to pretend to be French, delete the title and then go back to being 'All' or 'English'), I got it going and was able to save my trail. Even then I had to invent a duration before it would save, which is a bit silly since it's a new one which I haven't walked before: I would have preferred to be allowed to put something like "don't know yet" in the duration.

Really I think this difficulty with saving, a very basic function, is a very poor bit of user interface: there are quite a lot of rough edges to the Web Editor aren't there, despite its excellent core functionality. When can we expect a more polished product?

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do I save a trail?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:21:22 am »
Hello.

Thank you for your feedback about SityEditor application.

Yes, you have to delete the title in French or specify a valid title in French, sorry for any inconvenient caused. We will try to make the naming of a trail easier in one of the next versions of SityEditor.

For the duration, if you don't know it, you can calculate it automatically thanks to the "Compute" button.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.