By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: What happened to the elevation picture?  (Read 1803 times)

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
What happened to the elevation picture?
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:30:17 pm »
I've been looking at some walking data I made some time ago, and I realise one used to be able to get very good-looking elevation data that could be printed, or even interacted with on screen. Where did this functionality go, and how can I get it back? Will it be a feature of the next editor? After all, the print features have been in Beta for a long time now, and these seem closest to providing this functionality.

Have I got all this wrong?

Puzzled

Graham

PS I tried several times to add an attachment to illustrate what we used to have, but this site didn't accept it. I think it obeyed the rules (it was only about 300k, and I tried both .png and .jpg. Why didn't it work?

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the elevation picture?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:15:06 am »
Hello.

The trail profile is still available thanks to the button in Guides Editor.

In the print assistant, there is also a template to print the trail with its profile :

The attachment function in the forums is temporary unavailable because of a technical problem which will be resolved soon.
If you need to send attachments, please send them to help@geolives.com and mention the URL of your forum post in the e-mail.

Thank you.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:30:10 pm »
No, this elevation picture is nothing like the one you used to have, where one could move the mouse along the line to see where each waymark was, and where one could get an independent picture that could be printed separately. Even the colouring of the current one is less useful. Also it obscures the map it's on and can't be move to another location.

As suggested, I've uploaded a snapshot of the way it used to be via help@geolives.com

Can you explain why the functionality has reduced so much?

TIA

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:18:42 am »
Hello.

We have answered you our support ticket system.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.