By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: Proximity sensor in the new release active?  (Read 1907 times)

JosWessels

• Walking with my iPhone 5
    • View Profile
Proximity sensor in the new release active?
« on: September 18, 2013, 01:40:07 pm »
Today you announces in the newsletter a new release of Sitytrail. Is to make active the proximity sensor in the new release?
I hope so. In other applications, the proximity sensor is already active, which can be spared the battery while walking.
The screen is black automatically when you plug the iPhone in your pocket, and you do not always activate the iPhone.

Frendly regards

Jos Wessels
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:05:26 pm by JosWessels »

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Proximity sensor in the new release active?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 08:13:12 am »
Hello.

No, sorry, this function will not be included in the next version of the application.

Our development priorities are based on the number of users requesting each function and on our commercial priorities.

No other user has asked for this function yet and we have worked hard to include a lot of new functions and improvements in the next version of the application so we have not had the time to include the support for proximity sensor, sorry.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 10:20:54 pm »
I guess this is not the best place to write this particular reply, but as you will see below, I can't find anywhere else more appropriate:

Recently, pscheven wrote:

we have worked hard to include a lot of new functions and improvements in the next version of the application

I know you are working hard, and I appreciate the quality and broad functionality of the product(s), but I for one would like to see more discussion on your plans and your road map, and how you decide on developing new functionality. These are great products, but wouldn't they benefit from more user input? Sadly this forum is very underpopulated, and I haven't seen anywhere in the forums where a general discussion could take place on the evolution of the SityTrail products. Elsewhere I am involved in far more active discussion groups involved with the use and design of software products, where users discuss among themselves, of course with some intervention from the actual developer - proper discussions where people have opinions, argue, even make jokes. With over 160000 users, it seems very strange to me that no such discussions take place here. I guess this is just a rant, and doesn't deserve a reply, but if anyone is listening, join in!

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:46:54 am »
Hello.

Even if few users are registered on this English-speaking forum (our French-speaking forum http://forumfr.sitytrail.com is more popular, because most of our users speak French), it is open for discussions about the roadmap of SityTrail products and to make requests and discuss about new functionalities.

Our development priorities are based on the number of users requesting each function and on our commercial priorities.

Don't hesitate to make requests for new functions on this forum, we will try to take them into account in the next versions of the application.

Thank you.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 03:55:35 pm »
Thanks Patrick. Because of your response I will continue to suggest improvements from time to time. I assure you I only want to do this in a positive way, even if sometimes I suggest that things could be improved or made clearer!