By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: How can I get a complete page showing elevation?  (Read 3064 times)

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
How can I get a complete page showing elevation?
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:26:18 pm »
In the web editor, one used to be able to get a full page showing the elevation data of a trail - now it seems to be a subwindow parked at a fixed place on the map display of the trail. So we have lost some functionality (one can't save the elevation data separately). Is there any way of getting this back?

TIA

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How can I get a complete page showing elevation?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:41:30 am »
Hello.

We are sorry but we don't understand what you mean by "we have lost some functionality (one can't save the elevation data separately)"?

Can you please explain it?

Thank you.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.

livfoss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:56:57 pm »
OK, let me explain futher. Last year, when I uploaded a trail, one of the display options was to show a separate page for elevation data. I found this useful, for example to use in a slide show or phot album about the trail.

This year, the only way I can find of displaying the elevation data for a trail is in a small window imposed on the trail map. It is of fixed size and position. This is clearly not so useful or flexible as a separate display.

I know there is now additional functionality, in that the display now compares the GPS measure of the elevation with the IGN database for  the same path, but I am still sad to have lost my full-page display. Or perhaps it is there but I haven't found it?

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:58:54 am »
Hello.

The previous display for the elevation data was removed because of security and compatibility problems.

We will consider allowing users to show the new elevation profile in a separate window again in one of the next versions of the application.

Sorry for any inconvenient caused.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.

livfoss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 12:55:38 pm »
OK, thanks for listening. I look forward to a future version of your application with a more flexible elevation display. Meanwhile I am considering writing a small cross-platform app to show the elevation data from the raw GPX file, but of course I will not be able to access the corresponding IGN data.