By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: Time-shift after exporting GPX-file.  (Read 4348 times)

Filip

• View Profile
Time-shift after exporting GPX-file.
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:57:05 pm »
Hello,

I use Sitytrail Belgium v7.2 on my iPhone. I record a trail and save&send it to my account. Then, in Sity Guides Editor, I log in and can export the trail to GPX. I use Sity Guides Editor on iMac (Safari). After opening the GPS-file in Garmin BaseCamp, I see a time-shift in the trail of +1 hour. This is an error, and I think it is because Sitytrail does NOT take into account the correct time-zones (and winter/summer-corrections) where it is recording the trail.
When I use for example other iPhone app like GPS Hiker, then I don't have this time-shifting problem, because this app is aware of time-zone. If neccessary I can eventually post GPX-file recorded by GPS Hiker. In the header of the GPX-file, there is an entry with the local time when the trail-recording started. In the GPX-file exported by SityTrail, there is NO such local time entry, only the track-point with their accompanied local time, so the shift in time from GMT+0 (Greenwich) is NOT known is this case I suppose....

Kind regards,
Filip

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Time-shift after exporting GPX-file.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 10:10:08 am »
Hello.

Sorry, SityTrail applications do not support time zones yet at the moment.

This remark is in the list of suggestions that we have received from our customers, we will try to take it into account in one of the next updates of the application.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.