By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: Loss of downloaded maps with latest version Sitytrail France  (Read 2805 times)

Nico25

• View Profile
Loss of downloaded maps with latest version Sitytrail France
« on: November 29, 2012, 10:02:54 am »
Hello,
I hiked extremely pleasant in different parts of France with the former version of Sitytrail om my Samsung S3 (GT-19300, Android version 4.1.1). With the new version of Sitytrail I can only download a limited area. If I download another area the already downloaded area's are lost or partly lost. For more days hiking tours on different locations without Internet acces, as I do, this makes the program rather useless. Is this built in, or am I experiencing a bug?

I bought a separate 32 GB SD-card just for Sitytrail in the hope this would solve the problem. But.... at first the 2th SD-card was recogneized and the Geolives-dir was installed on this card. But after a few restarts of the program thereis no recognition of the 2th card anymore. While other programs and the file managers claerly see
the 2th card. Does Sitytrail has problems with separate SDF-cards?

I thought I had found the great program for hiking, but for the moment I feel really disappointed. I would welcome solutions and suggestions.

GVoodday,

Nico25

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of downloaded maps with latest version Sitytrail France
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 10:13:11 am »
Hello.

IGN France contracts have been changed in September.

The cache of the application has been limited to 10000km2 (one "50-km area" or four "25-km areas").

If this limit is exceeded, the oldest maps are replaced by the newest downloaded maps.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.

Nico25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:12:55 am »
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
Feel very sorry about this limit. Would be more than willing to pay extra for more km2.
I know there is also a possibility to buy IGN maps at IGN. Is it possible to load bought maps in Sitytrail?

Second problem isthe 2th SD-card I placed in my phone, which Sitytrail only recognises the first time the app is started up. This is still the case. When I replace the SD-card Sitytrail gives the opportunity to use this card for the data and the dirs are placed on the second card. Next time startup Sitytrail just sees the internal SD-card. Is Sitytrail not working with 2th SD-cards?

Thanks for your further reply.

Nico25

pscheven

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 11:43:29 am »
Hello.

Sorry, at the moment, there is unfortunately no option to pay more to get a larger area limit. We will inform you if such an option is available in the future.

No, SityTrail France can only be used with the subscription bought in the application or our website.

For the SD-card problem, can you please manually choose to use the second card in the preferences of the application ("Menu" button) ?

Thank you.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Geolives S.A.

Nico25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 04:53:30 pm »
Hello,

It is indeed dissapointing that the possibilities of your beautifull app have become so limited. Really hope to hear from you when more km2 can be bought.

Concerning the 2th SD-card. In Menu --> Storage Location: After installing Sitytrail: external SD-drive available and selectable. But after second startup of  Sitytrail In Menu --> Storage Location:'There is only one storgae drive available on your device'. Like I said, Sitytrail sees after second and later startups just the internal drive and not the second SD-card. While other app's and the file managers installed on my S3 simply see the second SD-card all the time.

With kind regards,

Nico Westerman.

pscheven

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 08:55:31 am »
Hello.

Can you please check that this SD card is not used exclusively by another software (for example a file explorer)?

Can you please also check that your device is not connected via USB to a computer or another device when the problem appears?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Patrick Schevenels.
Geolives S.A.

Nico25

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 09:18:59 am »
Hello,

I checked yesterday with the vendor of the phone. He tried another SD-card and this one seems to work together with Sitytrail. The secons storage location is mentioned and |I could load the data on the 2th card.
Thanks for your support.
Really hope that the possibilities Sitytrail had wil come back. It is so ugly when during a hike suddenly maps where you rely on, are vanished. This happened to me while walking the camino to Santiago de Compostela in south France in september. All maps suddenly vanished after the update. I had almost now wifi access. Nasty trieing in bars and so on to download maps again and than while walking the day after having to find out that downlaoded parts had gone again.

Regards,

Nico25

pscheven

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 10:25:43 am »
Hello.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenient caused.

We will tell you if an option allowing you to keep more maps in cache becomes available.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Geolives S.A.