By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: Some bugs report  (Read 1960 times)

mbarnach

• View Profile
Some bugs report
« on: September 05, 2012, 08:55:17 am »
Hi,

I'm writing to you to report some bugs.
Actually, my application is crashing each second launch of the application on my phone (LG Optimus 2X, android 2.3.4 and before on android 2.2).
This crash seems appeared when the application is gain the focus after another one.
Very often (may be every time) after a SMS and/or a phone call, my track record is crashing.
I have a lot of issues when I try used the record with the radio.
The last version, with the new cards doesn't fix the problem.
I have a question: why the GPS and network is needed when I try to access to the local tracks?
I think the button line, in the bottom of the screen is useless.
Buttons are hard to use (to small, but bigger it will mask the card) and the menu has the same functionalities.
When I record a track, I can not move map with the GPS enable, may be it should have an option for that?

This is some bug report for a great application
Best regards.

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Some bugs report
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:13:37 am »
Hello.

When the application crashes, can you please tell us precisely at what date and time it crashed?

It will allow us to find the crash report in order to analyze it and resolve the problem.

The GPS and the network are not needed to access local tracks, you can choose "Trail guides" > "My local trail guides" in order to access them even if the GPS is disabled and you have no Internet connection.

You can make the button at the bottom of the screen disappear by clicking on the full screen button.

You can move the map by disabling the GPS button at the top of the map, the GPS is not really disabled because the applications continues recording the track but you can move the map.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.

mbarnach

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:57:43 am »
Hi,

I've report a crash at 10:50 (around) and add the name of the thread in the report (some bugs report).
I hope it will help! I've made some tests: the application is crashing if another application is launch during the waiting time of SityTrails
(like mails, SMS, calendar, etc.) not necessary a system application.
I think it's the resume system that is bugged.

The local maps seem work fine now, thanks.
The GPS feature is quite tricky and not obvious… maybe you should change the icon?

Thanks
Mathieu

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:23:12 am »
Hello.

We have well received your crash report.

We will analyze it with our technical team in order to fix this bug in one of the next updates of the application.

In one of the next updates, we will also improve the GPS behaviour to make it work in a more standard way (like in the Google Maps application for example).

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.