By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies to personalise the services we offer you.
Brand
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Geolives forum
News:

Author Topic: Where did my trails go?  (Read 2575 times)

livfoss

• Keen not-so-young hiker and cyclist
    • View Profile
Where did my trails go?
« on: July 28, 2012, 05:35:37 pm »
I uploaded two trails, stuck in a POI in one, altered their names etc and saved them. Coming back to the SityTrail site to look at them after a couple of hours, they were no longer there, although trails saved earlier were still visible! Couldn't find them (there doesn't seem to be a way of getting a simple textual list of all the trails one has uploaded) and eventually uploaded them again from my device. This worked, but where did they go? And can one look directly into the server and one's own trails, anyway?

pscheven

• Developer and support manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Where did my trails go?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:38:16 am »
Hello.

You can get the list of all your trails by logging in to SityTrail Guides Editor application : http://editor.sitytrail.com

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Developer and support manager
Geolives S.A.

livfoss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:13 pm »
The behaviour I reported in this topic just happened to me again: I uploaded a trail from my device to the web, modified its name and other parameters, saved it, and then worked on something else. When I reopened the web editor, my trail had completely disappeared! I had to upload it again from my device.

I have not yet got a recipe to make this happen, but I think it's something to do with interrupting the web editor while it's working. Would it help if I tried to find a foolproof formula for making an uploaded trail disappear?

pscheven

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:37:01 am »
Hello.

Could you please tell us what is the name of the trail which has disappeared and where this trail is located?

It would certainly help us a lot if you find the procedure to make the trail disappear, it would allow us to resolve this problem faster.

Thank you.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Geolives S.A.

livfoss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 03:25:20 pm »
Hi - I just re-opened the SityTrail web editor to find that my latest trail had disappeared again! The details are:

My trails are on my account livfoss.

When I open this in Firefox on a Mac, I see 10 trails, all in France. In fact I have uploaded at least one other trail. The name on upload was 'H1', and I changed it to

'St Martin de l'Arçon' (possibly I put hyphens in between the words, as they do in the Top-Guide D034 "L'Herault à pied", where the walk comes from. I definitely saved this change along with others such as remarks.

Now it isn't visible at all. I have no idea what I did wrong. It would be very interesting if you could find out what went wrong.

If it's of interest, I still have the original trail on my device (an Apple iPod with an external GPS).

TIA

Graham
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:43:39 am by pscheven »

pscheven

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 09:13:36 am »
Hello.

Thank you for these details.

This problem has been resolved on our server, can you please try again ?

Thank you.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Geolives S.A.

livfoss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 09:56:18 pm »
Hi - yes, now I see the trail twice! In fact the two trails are very slightly different (same data, different comments), reflecting the fact that I uploaded it twice. I think one of my earlier 'disappeared' trails has reappeared also.

Thanks for resolving the issue - I would be interested to know what caused the problem.

Graham

pscheven

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 08:58:20 am »
Hello.

Thank you for your feedback.

The problem was caused by a language filter (only trails with a name in French or with the same name for all languages were displayed). This incorrect language filter has been removed.

Can you please support us with a review / comment on the AppStore or Android Market / Google Play Store?

Thank you.

Best regards.
Patrick Schevenels.
Geolives S.A.